Saturday, February 1, 2014

HEART T-Shirt

FEBRUARY = RED + HEARTS!

I found this cute idea on http://wobisobi.blogspot.com for the altered t-shirt and thought I would give it a try.
I tried it on two different style t-shirts and both turned out really cute.   The instructions on the blog were super easy to follow.

I used a Ladies Hanes long sleeve t-shirt  on the first shirt.  The second shirt made from a Men's Hanes T seemed to cut better and was easier to sew.  The original tutorial suggested the Men's Hanes but I thought I would try both.  She was right...!  I followed her directions on both projects.

 I traced a heart on paper, cut and traced the shaped onto my shirt with chalk
 The lines are 3/4 inch apart.....mark with chalk.
 CAREFULLY cut along your marked lines.
 I put a piece of cardboard inside so I wouldn't cut through both layers by mistake!
 I used a piece of red knit from a skirt I purchased for $2...SCORE!
Cut a piece big enough to cover the heart area on the shirt front.
I had enough to do both shirts and enough for several more.
 Turn T inside out, put the cardboard back inside the shirt.
 Pin the contrasting fabric over the heart area.
 Turn T right side out and stitch around the outside of the heart shape.
 Pin between the slips and stitch on each solid piece from 
side to side of the heart shape.
 Turn to wrong side and cut away the extra fabric close to your heart.
 All finished and ready to wear!
I repeated the same process with the Men's T.
I cut the neck in a circle on the Men's T 
like the original tutorial suggested.




I love the way they turned out!
CUTE...QUICK...EASY...
3 of my favorite things when doing a project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...