I started the update by sanding the brown stained feet and painting them black. While the legs were drying and I was waiting to put the second coat on I removed the old brass tacks. This proved to be more difficult than I expected. Those suckers were hammered in there super tight. After removing 146 tacks I painted the legs one more coat and then replaced the brass tacks with shiny silver tacks...INSTANT UPDATE...ok...not so INSTANT...it took me about 3 hours to do the whole update but well worth the time and effort.
The chair will have a new home in my daughter's apartment next week...now on to the next project!
Outdated to Updated....I feel so accomplished!