Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chair gets a FACE LIFT!

This project started with a great find by my sister Sheri!  She is great at finding STUFF....and then we make it BEAUTIFUL!  She found these not so beautiful chairs and saw the beauty underneath wanting to shine.

She began the process by removing the million+ staples holding the old fabric to the chair frame.  She was careful about saving the old fabric on the back along with the padding so it could be used again.

Orange was her color of choice for the frame once all the cushions and back fabric was removed.
This is where I come in....we started with the seat leaving the old fabric on for support and wrapped the new FACE print fabric onto the cushion.

We were careful to curve the edges to make them as smooth as possible.  Many staples  later the cushion was covered and we were ready to tackle the back of the chair.

We began attaching the back by putting the fabric down on the frame and stapling it to the inside.  The next  step was covering the worn padding with a new later of batting and then the new fabric and stapling that along the same frame area as before.  This was difficult but we managed to get it done. We trimmed the fabric and batting as close as possible so we could put trim on it later.

After getting both cushions covered along with both backs we were almost finished.....

A little blood was shed while stapling...be sure to hold hand away from stapler while loading..lesson learned!

We added the black trim around the back cushion with hot glue and we were all finished!
Job well done...feeling a great deal of accomplishment!
Thanks to S.A.S. Interiors for a wonderful tutorial that helped us with our project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...