Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Chicago visit...Baby it's cold out here!

Last week was a COLD one! My family traveled to Chicago to watch my daughter perform in the McDonald's Day Parade in Downtown Chicago! Me, my husband and son took the Amtrac from Longview, TX to Chicago...word to the wise, DON'T Do IT! I mainly wanted to take the train for the adventure factor and believe me it was, but after about 10 hours on the train I was second guessing my decision as was my 17 year old son! Lesson learned..take a plane next time!

The trip was nice but the weather was bitterly cold...remember I left Louisiana temperatures in the 70's and into the Chicago cold in the 30's!
Not fun for sightseeing or watching parades but we survived and the trip was a success! Fun was had by all and we added to our family memory bank, that's all a parent can ask for!

A week home then me and my son will be traveling to Baltimore, Maryland...I know, more cold! He wants to visit the Maryland Institute College of Art. It's going to be another adventure...just the two of us...pray we won't get lost or miss our plane! I am not the best with directions and he doesn't have much experience in that area...but we will be doing it together and that's what matters, more memories to be made!

I can not think of what it will be like this time next year...both of my children off at college and me here without them...empty nest! I hate the sound of that but guess I have no choice, I raised them to be independent, responsible adults...my job is almost done but I know they will always need me for a big dose of "YOU CAN DO IT" and a big hug and kiss! That't the best part of my MOM job!

Putting the yesterdays to rest...the tomorrows can wait...living today, this very minute to the best of my ability!
deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...